Check Out 20kLeveling.com!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

UI, Oh My.

The default WoW interface is just not enough. A lot of folks claim that the use of addons and mods is a crutch, however I see them as a tool, similar to Thottbot or Allakhazam--they are something that is there if you want to use it or you can ignore it if you'd rather not. Part of my goal in redoing my UI is making sure that everything I need is easy to find, well organized, and pleasant on the eyes.

This is what I've got so far on Laurewen (click for full-size image):



Visible Mods:
o Bartender
o Cartographer Waypoints
o FuBar + Extensions
o IceHUD
o Prat
o SexyMap
o Sunn Viewport Art (and Art Pack 5)
o Tour Guide

I'm actually quite pleased with how this is turning out so far. I've tweaked Grid a bit as well, but it's hard to see what will happen until you have a group going.

My next addon will likely be Cellular or some other module that will allow me to put whispers somewhere obvious and/or have the screen slap me when someone is trying to talk to me.

-----

In other news, Aerika is now level 14. I'm working through Boston's 12-20 quest guide right now. According to my UPS tracking number, it looks like I should have media in-hand tomorrow; time for that up-to-70 grind.

I'll be AFK starting early Sunday afternoon as I do not have a Satellite Internet card for my laptop and I'm rather certain that Amtrak trains don't have their own source of connectivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment