Check Out 20kLeveling.com!

Monday, January 25, 2010

There goes my haste-cap progress.

I was accepted to Satellite and invited on Saturday morning. It's been a whirlwind ever since. I had told Amherst that I could obtain my four pieces of T9 within two weeks. I managed it in two days with the help of my new guildmates making all of those random Heroics enjoyable. Saturday night we ventured into the 10-man version of Trial of the Crusader, tonight we hit the 10-man version of Icecrown Citadel. I've received more gear upgrades in the last two days than in my time since I hit 80. It's so bad, I've actually run out of gems and am waiting for my transmute cooldown in order to make more.

Elitist Jerks has stated that having the 4-piece Tier 9 bonus is a huge bonus to HpS. The shoulders and legs are great. My problem with the other three pieces is that they have +Crit rather than +Haste on them. Now, don't get me wrong, +Crit is great with the Tier 9 4-piece bonus, but I've been working so hard to hit the haste cap, I'm now down 101 haste rating by switching to these two new pieces (head and gloves; I have the Robes of Lunar Eclipse and do not wish to replace them quite yet). I dislike the idea of gemming everything with haste-only gems, but it may come down to that if I can't find some better itemization options. At the moment, I'm back down to 432 haste. I have a red gem slot I can place a Reckless Ametrine in, but that's only 10 haste rating. What's a druid to do?

All of that aside, ICC was very fun. The ship-to-ship battle was an interesting experience and actually quite fun once we managed to get it down (we had trouble with keeping aggro from the Horde ship captain on our tank and off of me). I even had the opportunity to DPS for the fourth boss, which means I need to begin working on my +Hit gear for Balance. Amherst tells me that I should be coming to more 10-man raids soon and possibly could be visiting some of the 25-man content that is on farm, which is very exciting.

All in all, I feel I'm adjusting into guild life fairly well and have been successful in not screwing up too badly, which is a good thing. Hopefully this trend will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment